Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Local electrical union goes green - Citizens Voice

This is old news, but I just noticed one aspect of this install yesterday.

The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (I.B.E.W.) building off the Sans Souci Parkway in Hanover Township has been sporting a "beach umbrella"-style pole-mounted solar array for some time now. Casual observers might not realize that this array actually tracks the sun for maximum efficiency.

Being a good driver, I rarely take my eyes off the road in front of me, except to check my mirrors, my blind spots, and for traffic approaching from the sides. So it wasn't until yesterday that, thanks to an observant passenger in my car, I found out that the I.B.E.W. building itself is covered with solar panels. According to this article, this was part of the plan all along. I don't know if those panels have recently been added, or have been on the roof since the pole-mounted array went up. In either case, they're a great thing to see!

Local electrical union goes green - News - Citizens Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment